Badger

Andy Hall wrote:

Is anybody an expert on oil types?

No, but I have to find alt. lubes at work...

THere are two requirements on the machine:

a) A grease for the lubrication nipples on the wheel bearings.
This is mentioned as Athesia EP/2 IP grease.

I can't find a reference to that product, but I can find a reference
to EP2 and EP/2 grease from other vendors.

Pretty std. grease, use whatever claims to be the same spec., but flush
existing out first incase the binders/fillers arn't compatable.

b) An oil for a sump in the body of the machine used to lubricate the
internal gears. For this, Oleoblitz EHT 16 or any other oil with
viscosity SAE 30.

I haven't been able to find oil of this type in the obvious places
like Halfords. It seems to be multigrade engine oil and not much
more.

Sounds more like a hydraulic oil, a number of Italian and Spanish
machines I look after use hydraulic oils as they don't attack the
bearings chemically, I suspect it has bronze bearings and needs
hydraulic oil.

Niel.