Set Square

Rosie wrote:

1) Why isn't it possible to insulate 2 walls? How can condensation
be a problem with insulating two walls, and yet it is possible to
insulate half of a semi-detached house?

I suppose that if *all* the walls are cold, any moisture in the room
condenses all round in a very thin layer and isn't too much of a problem.
But if you just have *one* cold wall, it *all* condenses on that wall.

2) Why can't the installers just drill through the interior wall of
the back bedrooms to install the cavity wall insulation? We've not
got wallpaper or anything difficult to re-decorate.

I've never heard of it being done from the *inside* - but can see no
compelling reason why it shouldn't be. I suppose that the contractor may be
a bit wary about drilling through buried cables etc. - which wouldn't be a
problem when done from the outside. Most likely they drill from the outside
"because it is the way we always do it"!
--
Cheers,
Set Square