The Natural Philosopher

Peter Parry wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:33:55 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

That price is so vague it is not worth considering.

If I had said £30.00 to £3,000 per sq m that would have been vague.
£750 on the other hand is not vague at all but quite precise. It may
be wrong, but it remains precise. As a planning figure I suggest it
is not far off.

I agree. 60 a sq ft is about £600 a sq meter, which I found close for a
basic shell. You can easily double that in the fitout tho.

The cost of construction, all other things being equal, relates to
the size of the house so a cost per sq m of floor area is more
helpful than "x for a y bedroom" as 3 or 4 bedroom is meaningless
other than to estate agents.

Yes. Its amazing how close this price per sq foot actually is. Almost
iorrespective of anything - since most of te cost is labout it realytes
to basically how much time it takes to erect a certain square footage,
wire it plumb it plaster it paint it put windows in it and heat it.