Mike Mitchell

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:23:36 +0100, Another Dave
wrote:

IMM wrote:

That price is so vague it is not worth considering.

Let's remember what the OP asked:

"What is the cost of errecting a new traditionally built bog-standard
detached house with two to three bedrooms? I'm talking ball-park here."

Ball-park is what he asks for and that's what he got.

And I'm happy enough with it! That is not to say I don't welcome all
the other prices given, as I know that costs will vary greatly
depending on many factors. The reason I asked was that if the
underpinning turns out to have been botched, or it needs (will need)
underpinning again in five or ten years, or the house is damp or
because of a host of other reasons it is not a viable property long
term, it may be worth pulling it down and rebuilding, given that the
plot size is fairly generous.

MM