IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:17:51 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

The product is marketed as being
easy and practically idiot proof.

It is as long as you follow the instructions.

It isn't,

It is as long as you follow the instructions.

Neither is "How to build an H bomb" by Edward Teller.

The point is that in the example given
it was possible to have a
horrendous outcome of roofs needing
to be replaced when the typical
tradespeople who should know how to
do the job ended up with a shoddy
result.

The same can be said for any type of construction. This doesn't sink in
does it!

It doesn't matter whether the problem
was in the material, training for the installers,
lack of inspection or anything else.
Taken in total, the technology and its
implementation can and did fail

The technology never failed. Workmanship did. You obviously can't tell the
difference.

and so does have potential disadvantages.

What might they be?

You would be better off not reading
manufacturer web sites and
accepting all that they say unquestioningly.

I don't. I have visited a few of the SIP homes in the UK. A number are
going up in Portsmouth right now.

Inevitably, there will be another side to the story - there always is.

The right one, the objective one. You lack objectivity and go for tabloid
headlines, like the SIP failures in Alaska headline. Sucked in hook line and
sinker.