Andy Hall

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:14:17 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.sipweb.com/2001-10_juneau.pdf

Here is what happened.....all installation problems....

Rotting SIP roofs in Juneau Part I: The Base Line Info

by Steve Andrews

SIP Manufacturers Respond

Mike Bryan, Premier Building Systems
"What I know is there were a number of Premier panels, back when we were an
R-Control plant, that were installed in Juneau, and now we have problems
with the top layer of OSB turning to mush," said Premier's Mike Bryan.

"Last February through May, we sent three different people up on four
different occasions. During our investigations, we determined that there
were numerous problems with the installations. The builder's liability
insurance company paid the entire bill. The problems with the installations
were so flagrant that they didn't have much choice. The good news is that
80%-90% of the people want replacement panels on their new roofs."

Fine. It does, however, illustrate that there can be installation
problems, and I already mentioned the potential for infestations.

Neither is intended to say that this technology may not have some use,
but it is certainly not without its share of issues.

In terms of the end result and the implications of putting it right,
it doesn't matter whether it is the material or the way it is
installed. However, it is clearly not as idiot proof as the
manufacturers would like to claim.

In any event, a manufacturer is hardly likely to say that problems are
inherent in his product, is he?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl