Tim Mitchell

In article , stuart noble
writes

Tim Mitchell wrote in message ...
I left out the back board in the unit with the sink on it, and plumbed
it in after the unit & worktop was fixed. This cupboard is always full
of cleaning stuff, you don't notice that it goes right back to the wall
and has a load of pipework at the back.

Oh, that's cheating! I did one that way once and put battens in so that the
backing board could be screwed from the front, but feeding the waste pipe
through was a bitch IIRC.

I would second what Set Square said about not using flexible connectors
to the tap, it will be very twangy if you do.

Providing the rigid part of the pipework is bracketed to the wall, I can't
see that 300mm of flexi at the top is going to matter. All taps seem to come
with this type of connection now, so presumably it's the norm.
Looking at the existing solid copper setup I fail to see how anyone could
get a spanner up behind the sink, so I must be missing something.

My taps had 10mm (?) rigid tails about 300mm long, so the connections
were not up behind the sink.
--
Tim Mitchell