Mark H

Common problem the stats going, there are 2 types, one attached with a
spring clip and the other attached with screws to the element. The ones with
the clip you can purchase seperate but the screwed on ones come complete
with element. If you have 240v at element and you gave it time to heat and
its cold then the element has gone.What sometimes happens is the casting
overheats when the stats fail and distort the element casting so that it
wont come out through hole in the back, if this is the case some tin work is
required as its the only way to remove it. Before you proceed check the cost
of the element as I think its around £50 so you might not bother.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Closer inspection of the element reveals that it
has distorted as you've described - which explains why it won't come
out. I have checked the price of a new element from 3 different
sources and they all quote around £95! A new dryer from the co-op will
cost me £190 so I guess I'll be scrapping this one...

Thanks again,

Mark.