Capitol

IMM wrote:

Environmental aspects apart, gas is approx 2 to 4 times cheaper per kW than
electricity. So, it would be cheaper using a basic gas tumble dryer than an
electric condenser dryer, White Knight do them and I believe another maker.

IME only the gas heated US externally units work satisfactorily as
dryers. Their larger drum seems more effective and clothes which have
been dried in one, most of the time do not need ironing. I have yet to
find a European unit which is comparable. I believe Maytag/Whirlpool
units are available in the UK, but you need the space available to fit
one. There is now a unit from Maytag, which is electric(6KW) combining a
tumble drier with an over the top drying cabinet for woolens etc which
need to dry flat.

http://www.appliances.co.uk/Maytag_W...and_Dryers.asp

Regards
Capitol