Tony Bryer

In article , Imm wrote:
Use a wooden "I" beam, not over engineered steel.

See:
http://www.masonite-beams.se

I quite agree on not using an over-engineered steel. But, by
definition, the correctly chosen section in any particular location
will not be over-engineered. I suspect that the OP will find that a
127 x 76 UB, 13kg/m is quite adequate but would advise him to get
the calcs to confirm this from someone who is qualified (small 'q')
to do so. As to using a wooden I-beam I could not find any span/load
tables on the above site but generally would not advocate supporting
masonry walls off timber, even though this was done in past times.