Bob Mannix

"MBQ" wrote in message
om...
"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:03:13 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in

message
.net...
I have also been looking into heat banks and no matter how I

assess,
one large or two small combi boilers comes out the best option

all
around for me.

You should remember that a standard heat bank is good for around

40lpm
(at
60C). This is equivalent to 63lpm in combi delta Ts. That would

require
5
cheap instantaneous combi boilers and a commercial gas supply to

run
them.

That is nearly true. But most people don't need a commercial setup.

Most
people are content on a bath fill of 5 minutes and a excellent

showers.
combi, or combi's, can do that with less hassle in installation and

lower
cost .

Where are you going to find a domestic combi able to deliver 30lpm?

I am not a fan of combi boilers as they provide no back up, which you do

get
with an indirect cylinder and immersion heater, and the flow rates are a

bit
poor. I have, however, now experienced my second good combi boiler. The

How many bad ones have you experienced?

I didn't say I had. On the basis that larger = more hot water and better
flow, the very large ones I have seen were OK in terms of flow but not
brilliant - I wouldn't want to have less flow than I experienced from them.
If you are going to tell me that smaller combis (ie something the size of my
current CH boiler on the wall) would provide greater a flow/temperature
combination than a 1m^3 floor mounted jobby, then I am happy to reserve
judgement until I have used such a beast (perhaps you could give details).
You will note that I had two reasons for not using one. The second reason
was flow.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)