Set Square

Andrew L com wrote:

The hot and cold feeds go into a mixer tap (the temperature control)
and then to the shower head via an on/off tap. When the shower is
switched off it's almost impossible to turn the temperature control
from hot towards control - it's as if you're fighting a great
pressure.

It's been operational for nearly two years and not caused a problem
before. However the water is exceptionally hard around here (it's
destroyed a dishwasher in four years) so I guess that there may be
some corrosion in there somewhere. Keeping the temperature tap on
cold is at least a temporary fix.

Many thanks to all who offered advice.

Cheers,

Andrew

Well, I'm glad that you didn't replace your hot cylinder unnecessarily!
--
Cheers,
Set Square