Adrian

Well I'm not sure. These heaters are only connected to E7 so no other
supply. However it is connected to the bimetallic switch so perhaps it
is just to make sure that the switch is open when the E7 is on to
prevent over heating?

Adrian

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:51:13 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

Adrian wrote:

I phoned dimplex and they have told me that it is an
accelerator/resistor. It is used to help open the output valve.

Ah, so I wasn't far wrong. But how do they control the output valve
(flap?) during the 17 hr for which the power is off? - or is there a 24
hr supply as well as the switched supply?

It is probably the thermostat. So I'll get a spare one and test it.

FWIW the Unidare ones I use in the workshop have two input thermostats
in series: one (with remote capillary bulb) at the bottom sensing the
ambient air temperature and one on top of the core sensing the charge
temperature. Both are simple bimetallic stats (no 'acceleration'). The
output flap control on these is purely thermo-mechanical.

Adrian

To reply remove nospam from address