Pete C

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:41:58 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

What would be handy is a condenser that can use hot water from the CH.

The condensor would work best with cold water, not hot.

Hi,

I was under the impression that the condenser models used the lower
temperature air of the room they are in for the condensing.

What I meant was, to use the hot water from the CH to heat the air in
the tumbledryer. This would require an extra heater matrix but would
mean cheaper gas is used for the heating instead of electricity

You already get the advantage in that the room with the dryer
warms up, causing its TRV to turn off, saving on CH costs.

True, but if gas is used indirectly and the room would be heated
anyway by a radiator, then the only cost incurred is for the removal
of water from the laundry.

More 'green' too as gas is used directly instead of indirectly through
less efficient generation.

cheers,
Pete.