Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
wrote:
It will only reduce the severity of a shock you get if you get
some part of your body between live and earth. If you put your
finger across live and neutral (quite easy if doing something to
lights) then the RCD will do nothing at all for you.

Thought the time taken for the RCD to trip made this rather unlikely?

The RCD won't *ever* trip if you put your finger across live and
neutral, it dosn't trip on that sort of fault.

You miss the point. You'd have to bridge line and neutral within the trip
time of the RCD. That's what I was querying.

I'm not, of course, saying they are perfect. But perhaps better than
nothing?

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.