tony sayer

In article ,
writes
I am coming round to the idea that I should replace my CU with a split
load type. However rewiring the kitchen to include a non rcd circuit
for the freezer, fridge and dishwasher is going to be a right pain.

Does the group have any views on whether having these on an rcd is
really going to be a problem due to tripping. If I am out of the house
on holiday for 2 weeks, I suppose there is a potential that the freezer
might turn off and ruin my food, but I would expect my insurance
company to pay out after the inevitable protracted dispute!

Isn't there some sort of alarm that dials up your mobile doggy bone and
tells you the good news?.

Or do like we do, never go away

What are the items generally not rcd protected? assume this is lights
as mentioned previously, the alarm, garage (if separate protection
available), immersion heater due to potential earth leakage...are there
any others.

In my humble opinion everything should be on RCD....
--
Tony Sayer