IMM

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:03:13 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in

message
.net...

I have also been looking into heat banks and no matter how I

assess,
one large or two small combi boilers comes out the best option all
around for me.

You should remember that a standard
heat bank is good for around 40lpm
(at 60C). This is equivalent to 63lpm in
combi delta Ts. That would require
5 cheap instantaneous combi boilers
and a commercial gas supply to run
them.

That is nearly true. But most people don't
need a commercial setup. Most
people are content on a bath fill of 5
minutes and a excellent showers.

A combi, or combi's, can do that with less
hassle in installation and lower cost .

Where are you going to find a domestic
combi able to deliver 30lpm?

I am not a fan of combi boilers as they
provide no back up, which you do get
with an indirect cylinder and immersion heater,

An in-line instant elecric heater can be installed to supply one tap and a
shower. Not expensive and easy to do.

and the flow rates are a bit
poor.

My God not another one!!!! You can get 22 litres/minute from combi's. You
can also get 9 litres/min, which you seem to think all are like that.

I have, however, now experienced my second good combi boiler. The
first was in a chalet at Centre Parcs and the second at a holiday cottage

in
Cornwall. They were both boxes about 1m in each direction and floor

mounted,
and the cold pressure was high. They did work most satisfactorily, though.
The answer to the question posed in the subject line is "yes"

You have contradicted what you have said above when you said they have poor
flowrates.

(but you still have no back-up water heating,
or source of heat for the airing cupboard).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)