Christian McArdle

Both myself and my mother have excellent quality tumble dryers. I have a
Bosch sensor condensing integrated dryer, whilst my mother has a Miele
sensor vented freestanding dryer.

I would go for the condensor every time. Both dryers perform superlatively.
Nothing to choose between them. The sensing is reliable and the clothes dry.

However, the condensor has some advantages:

1. The dryer provides more heat to the room, without compromising energy
efficiency.

2. There is no need to core drill an ugly hole in the wall.

3. When you get a replacement model, you can be sure that the old hole is
the wrong size.

4. You can rearrange the appliances and move rooms and still run the dryer,
without needing to drill a new hole and fill the old one. You can even
install in a bedroom, for example, provided you use the collection tray
instead of plumbing in the drainage.

5. The vented dryer ALWAYS gets its hose in a twist, meaning you are
constantly attempting to remove the machine and untangle the hose. It is
impossible to keep it untangled whilst pushing it back and the machine juts
out 15cm, as otherwise, it would crush the hose between the machine and the
wall.

Christian.