Bob Mannix

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:03:13 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
.net...
I have also been looking into heat banks and no matter how I assess,
one large or two small combi boilers comes out the best option all
around for me.

You should remember that a standard heat bank is good for around 40lpm

(at
60C). This is equivalent to 63lpm in combi delta Ts. That would require

5
cheap instantaneous combi boilers and a commercial gas supply to run

them.

That is nearly true. But most people don't need a commercial setup. Most
people are content on a bath fill of 5 minutes and a excellent showers.

combi, or combi's, can do that with less hassle in installation and lower
cost .

Where are you going to find a domestic combi able to deliver 30lpm?

I am not a fan of combi boilers as they provide no back up, which you do get
with an indirect cylinder and immersion heater, and the flow rates are a bit
poor. I have, however, now experienced my second good combi boiler. The
first was in a chalet at Centre Parcs and the second at a holiday cottage in
Cornwall. They were both boxes about 1m in each direction and floor mounted,
and the cold pressure was high. They did work most satisfactorily, though.
The answer to the question posed in the subject line is "yes" (but you still
have no back-up water heating, or source of heat for the airing cupboard).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)