chris French

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
Brian Sharrock wrote:
It's time to consider 'doing' the Lounge ...

snip
While I'm at that ... I might as well tackle the 'signal'
wiring that's accumulated into the house.

I'm looking for suggestions, advise, don't-do-this, from
readers for coping with the '5.1' cables; the computer network
cables; that have proliferated.

Wireless may be an alternative for eliminating the computer network wiring.
It does not work well for all houses, and is comparatively much, much harder
to work out if it will work beforehand.

We are currently using a wireless network, with a pc and laptop,
connecting to net via Cable via wireless router. Fine for web net use as
the limiting factor is the net connection, and while ok for general use
it is much much slower when doing things that show this up - such as
shifting large files about the network.

I'd stick to a wired network wherever possible, and use the wireless
aspect where necessary/desirable.
--
Chris French, Leeds