Tim

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:43:44 +0100, Stefek Zaba wrote:

snip
A 10-pack of
clip-on-lid, stepped-size-rubber-pseudo-gland square Sarel boxes can be
yours at RS for a mere 8.63quid+VAT with no terminal blocks (251-5633),
in which you can wire with nice commoning blocks such as the ones made
by Zeta

snip

Just had a look. Are the Zeta blocks supposed to be clipped into the Sarel
boxes or just left floating - can't tell from the picture but it looks
like the latter.

I like the Zeta blocks - one clamp per wire is *good* - I've used similar
DIN rail blocks before and everything just feels so much more "positive".

Just I find the idea of floating wires/blocks to be less than perfect
(Hate chocco blocks for same reason)?

The one good thing about the round boxes with grub screws was clarity of
layout - 4 posts well seperated and fixed solid. I do agree though, those
grub screws are a bugger to get in, esp. with 3 x 2.5 mm2 wires going in,
and I do find myself doubting one screw gripping on 3 loose wires
(sometimes one doesn't quite get held properly, which is why I twist then
together before clamping down).

Any insight from the pros?

Timbo