IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
I have also been looking into heat banks and no matter how I assess,
one large or two small combi boilers comes out the best option all
around for me.

You should remember that a standard heat bank is good for around 40lpm (at
60C). This is equivalent to 63lpm in combi delta Ts. That would require 5
cheap instantaneous combi boilers and a commercial gas supply to run them.

That is nearly true. But most people don't need a commercial setup. Most
people are content on a bath fill of 5 minutes and a excellent showers. A
combi, or combi's, can do that with less hassle in installation and lower
cost .

Depensing on how a boiler is conected to a heat bank (dirrect with a
blending valve is the best) you will run out of hot water. Two small combi's
will never. The teenagers can stay in the shower all day. Flowrates are
important up to a point, but you have to look at the big picture.

It is required if you wish to fill a bath in 2 minutes, which, for me, is

an
essential characteristic.

In most homes that would lead to floods.