John Carlyle-Clarke

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in
:

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:
Yes you should.

There is a grain of truth in what he says in so far as since the
system is not exposed to the air there is a limit on oxygen
content for corrosion.

That depends how often you have to top it up, i.e. how well he
managed to make it a "sealed system" ;-)

However, some corrosion can still happen, and for the few pounds
that a tube of Fernox gel costs, it isn't worth not doing it.
I would avoid the discussion and just do it later.

My so called sealed system has never been very sealed, I must admit,
but I can certainly say that after 5 years with no inhibitor in it,
the water was brown/black and there was a lot of magnetite in the
pump and the radiators (and presumably everywhere else too). I
think it's worth it.