jerrybuilt

Default Urgent! Little flies on fresh paint

Mike Mitchell wrote:
I painted a door jamb (inner door to bathroom) a half-hour ago
with Dulux Professional Liquid Gloss (White). I've just been
back to check and there are a couple of dozen tiny flies
trapped on the surface! These flies are minute - about 1.5 mm
long. Tiny little black specs.
There are one or two crawling about on the adjacent wallpaper.
Where did they suddenly come from? It's as if the paint is
acting as an attractant! This is the first coat of two, so I
will wait till the paint is touch-dry, then try to take them
off with masking tape or tweezers. But how might I stop a new
batch from landing on on the SECOND coat, due tomorrow? Anyone
else had this problem?

Probably thunder flies, a sort of minute beetle. Just don't
paint when they are around. Nothing you can do now, but wait
until the paint is dry and brush them off with a dry cloth.
Perhaps it might be worth using fly-spray or "Vapona" before
you start work.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com