timegoesby

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
timegoesby wrote:
If you are fitting yourself, a combi is a doddle. Cylinders and tanks
can be difficult and very time consuming to install if you want to do a
professional looking job.

Assuming you're not a pro, or 'doing up' a house to sell, installing a
central heating and hot water system in your own house is probably the
biggest single expense you'll have.

And most with any sense will take the care to find out the very best
possible system for their needs regardless of whether it can be thrown in
quickly or needs some thought and care in installing. Because a decent
system will have a very long satisfactory life. A poorly installed under
specced one will annoy from day one.

As regards making a tidy job of pipework, I learned how to do it - largely
self taught. It's not particularly difficult in terms of the things many
DIY - and indeed needs little in the way of expensive tools.

Good advice, and I do consider all alternatives that is why I
occasionally look into this group and Google on it. I have fitted
tanks and cylinders and they are a time consuming pain to fit with
pipes all over the show. A good combi is cheaper to fit with far less
hassle and gives the same, if not better, performance. I previously
took IMMs advice and fitted a combi with the water section supplying
only the showers. The CH side, besides heating the radiators, heated a
very large combination cylinder to fill two baths quickly and it
worked very well. Doing it again I would consider one very large combi
or two smaller combi boilers. Two smaller combi boilers is cheap and
quick to install, and far less hassle than tanks and cylinders. I have
also been looking into heat banks and no matter how I assess, one
large or two small combi boilers comes out the best option all around
for me.

good night.