Alex

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:34:44 +0000 (UTC), "mj"
wrote:

Need to replace 3 sets of patio doors & have been looking at the ones
offered by Wickes.

How difficult are these to install as a DIY project? (I know I need
certification by my planning office after the installation)

What do you learned fellows think of their quality for the price???

TIA
Mike

I have wickes windows, I would not get them again. I have found my
local REHAU factory, and get my windows there. My local factory is
M60-J1

Rick

I would second this. Choose which profile you'd like to use, say Eurocell,
Plastmo or Rehau for arguments sake. Call up their headquarters and ask for
your nearest fabricator. You get a custom sized product, usually available
for collection within 5 working days (same day service if you're a regular!)
and will pay a lot less.

Of course these places aren't usually geared up for DIY enquires, so make
sure you have at least a rough idea of what you're ordering. Little things
like whether you have deducted clearances for the frames from the size of
the opening makes a big difference if they assume wrongly!

Alex