Adrian

Default Dimplex storage heaters

Hi
I have three storage heaters in the first floor of my maisonette flat.
One is in the hall as you come in and then the other two are in the
living room. They are Dimplex XLS heaters, XLS18, XLS12 and an XLS24.
Two have stopped working (XLS18 and 24), although the middle one is
still functioning. They are probably around 15 years old.
I have attempted to work out why they have stopped working but don't
really seem to be getting anywhere. So any help is gratefully
accepted. They run on Economy 7, though a seperate ring with 20a
fuses. I have checked the fuses and they are all correct. The two
broken heaters do not work at all. I have checked the elements in them
and they all seem to be OK (no obvious breaks in continuity). The
thermistor seems to be working as well although I am a little unsure
of how to correctly check it. One of the other things that I'm not
sure about is a brown thermal fuse that is wired in to the input
circuit, I'm only guessing that it is a thermal fuse but it might be
some sort of regulator, it is brown rectangular block with a ceramic /
white interior and has 3k8-J then greek resistance symbol and then the
ohm symbol. Underneath it has 113-102, but no other marks.
I believe that this is only active when there is current, which is
hard for me to test as I no longer live at the flat so I'm not there
during economy seven hours. I tested for continuity but it did not
register, but then when I tested the same component on the working
heater it did not register either.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to check or replace these parts?
I have found a few web sites selling spares but I'm not sure what to
order?

Thanks in advance

Adrian