timegoesby

(Fred) wrote in message ...
I am about to install a new combi system in a four-bed house - don't
lecture me on tanks please - but I am unsure about combi capacity. Is
bigger flow always better, equalling buying the most expensive boiler
I can afford basically? For this little excercise, capital cost for
the boiler shall not be important, I am interested in the priniciple
rather the practical.

Fred

Look at IMMs recent overview of combis, he is the expert on this group
for this sort of stuff. His post is excellent. I just did a Google
search on "Combined Primary Storage Unit" and it came up. The higher
rate of water flow is the figure you should be going for. The higher
the better. IMM did suggest installing "two" Worcester Bosch Junior
combi boilers for two bathroom houses with one doing the heating for
upstairs and one for downstairs, zoning the house off. I like this
idea. I think he suggested combining the hot water outlet to give a
higher rate of water flow using check valves. This was a cheap way of
having higher rates of flow as two of these boilers is not expensive.
Do a Google on "Junior" and that may bring it up. I noticed that B&Q
do the Biasi combi boilers for around £390. Having two of these gives
around 21 litres of water flow for less than £800. Not bad at all. If
you are fitting yourself, a combi is a doddle. Cylinders and tanks can
be difficult and very time consuming to install if you want to do a
professional looking job.