Stefek Zaba

Ken Knott wrote:

I have purchased a CED immersion heater timer model IMT7E. This timer
does not appear to have an Earth terminal so I am not sure what to do
with the Earth wire that comes out of the heating element? Can anyone
advise me? Thanks.

The timer will be either single-pole, switching only the live, or
double-pole, switching both live and nuetral. The earth should NEVER be
switched; you join up the incoming and outgoing earths in a handy
terminal in the enclosure wot the timer switch is in (either a terminal
provided in the backbox, which all backboxes sold in the last 15+ years
should have, or in extremis a single-way bit of terminal block).

If you're not sure about this, you may want to do some more reading and
finding-out about electrics before tackling such jobs; 240V with
kilo-amps of Prospective Fault Current is no joke...

Cheers, Stefek