Lobster

"Ziggy" wrote in message
An elderly person I know has recently had a stroke and will shortly
return home. Mentioned as a good idea was a method to isolate the
gas cooker if she is left alone for a while - reason being in case she
forgets to turn it off - and to get in touch with a Corgi registered
plumber to do the job. Anyone any idea of such a device and just what
it does? Never heard of the like myself, so wondering as to what it
is and the likely cost.

Surely what's being suggested is nothing more complex than a gas tap fitted
to the pipe somewhere just upstream of the cooker, like this:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...10563&ts=09220 Very
straightforward job. Costs £3 plus a plumber's minimum call-out charge I
would think

David