Dave Plowman

Default IMM fodder

In article ,
PoP wrote:
True. Think it really started with the Thatcher woman lying through her
teeth about the sinking of the Belgrano.

Whether the Belgrano sinking was right or wrong, it took place at a
time when war had been announced between two nations.

So how does this affect Thatcher lying? Many would have been quite happy
if she'd just said "It's a war - **** happens".

War was never announced for Iraq (AFAIK), and I never saw the
justification for sending our troops into harms way without being
properly equipped.

I'd certainly second that - properly equipped or not. But I wonder if the
population as a whole would agree?

FWIW, wasn't there a desperate problem with footware and rifles in the
Falklands war?

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn