Gel

The change must be completed by 2006 after which time the old colour
cable cannot be sold in UK; so in run up to then will be some good
cable deals I guess!!

3 core & earth old & new even more complicated!
At junctions of old & new, a warning label must be affixed.

This is another bad case of harmonisation with Europe;
our colours were far more logical.

See
http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/NL138supp.pdf

Alistair Riddell wrote in message . org.uk...
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In theory you can get the new colours now, and you are allowed to
use them. In practice, I've yet to see anyone supplying them --
neither the likes of B&Q nor either of the wholesalers I use have
the new colours (well, I haven't actually asked, but if you just
ask for a drum of cable without specifying, you get the old colours).

At my PoW we have been supplied with cable in the new colours. Didn't ask
for it specially - it just arrived with the new colours.

Recipe for disaster if you ask me - we now have old circuits coloured blue
- phase, black - neutral; and new circuits coloured brown - phase, blue -
neutral, all in the same distribution board.