Martin Angove

In message ,
Lurch wrote:

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:41:10 +0100, "Brett Jackson"
strung together this:

I thought the kitchen sink needed to be bonded too - is this not the case?

No, but in most instances the mains water is under the sink, which
needs bonding anyway, so the hot is generally bonded too 'as it's
there'.
Because this is so common most people seem to think, (some
electricians included!), that the kitchen sink and the pipes supplying
it need to be bonded.

My personal belief is that the main reason electricians insist on
bonding kitchens is that John Whitfield tells them to: section 5.4.3 in
the 6th edition of his book. Shame he doesn't seem to have accounted for
the IEE's views.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... My hard disk is full! Maybe I'll try this message section thing.