G&M

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:50:22 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jon Harris wrote:
My basic B&D hammer drill just doesn't seem to have the guts to make

any
impression on the concrete. What bit should i be using and are there

any
other tips you could give this frustrated DIY newbie?!

You need an SDS drill, I'm afraid. Uses a different method of 'hammering'
which is strong enough to go through concrete.

The lintels I fitted last night have a steel rod in the middle, if you
hit this when drilling I would guess your masonary bit will be in big
troubble.

And if you don't break the bit the lintel is in bigger trouble. Any damage
to the steel rod will make the lintel utterly useless.