:::Jerry::::

wrote in message ...

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Christian McArdle" wrote in

message
. net...
snip

2. I want to use it as a rear view mirror, too, as I don't

currently have
one and the door mirrors don't show what is directly behind, only

traffic
that is already overtaking.

Well using it as a rear view mirror will mean a moving traffic

offence or
similar.
If you learn to use your mirrors you will find that they give plenty

of
visibility, if they don't you need to fit larger mirrors. WTF do you

thing
drivers of lorries etc. see behind ?!...

I have seen a number of lorries with rear mounted CCTV.

But they don't use them a rear veiw mirors...

Also it is very rare to parallel park a lorry - but common to have to
do so with a minibus (and to reverse into or out of a parking space).
When lorries are forced to reverse they often require someone behind
the lorry for safety.

Bo**ocks !
Part of the HGV test is to reverse parallel park the lorry using nothing
more than the standard mirrors. Not to mention drivers having to reversing
on to delivery docks etc. with trailers on both sides and judging rear end
side (swing out) clearances using nothing more than the mirrors whist in
forward motion along the road.....