Christian McArdle

How about mounting the CRT behind your shoulder and viewing it through a
mirror on the sun visor? Cheap, no dash mounting, and would give a

reversed
image.

Nice idea. It even still looks the right way round when looking over the
shoulder. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to use it as a rear view
mirror, though. It would be reversing aid pure and simple.

The 5" CRT monitor-tellies were reduced to 14.99 in Maplin after last
christmas I think.

Where abouts would I find them? With a 15 quid camera, some cable, some
plastic and Araldite, that would make a system for under 40 quid.

At that price, I'll live with the lack of flatness. I'm sure I could find
somewhere to mount it, but I can't find anything remotely like it on their
website, except the 70 quid bundle, which is probably outside my comfort
zone, especially with a CRT screen.

Christian.