logized

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
What is the cheapest weatherproof CCTV system available? It must have an

LCD
screen and be capable of 12V operation (possibly via DC to DC converter).
Not concerned about colour, unless the monitor has an auxilliary input,
which might be useful for DVD watching etc.

The application is for a reversing sensor/rear view mirror on my new
minibus, which has opaque rear doors. Therefore, LCD is required for dash
mounting. Also, mirror image functionality would be useful, although I
suspect I can cope without for the right price.

I've seen L11AQ at maplin for 69.99 (which is cheaper than the official

door
mirrors!). However, this has a bulky CRT and doesn't have mirror image.

There's plenty of cheapish cameras from around 15 quid which could be
wrapped in a bit of plastic, but the monitor could be problematic. I can't
seem to find anything cheap and small, even in monochrome.

Christian.

A google search will find plenty - but some are very expensive. Cheapest LCD
colour I have seen so far is -
http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/reverse.htm
or - cheaper is this green screen option if you decide to consider a CRT
type http://www.cutv.co.uk/acatalog/Reversing_systems.html

Dave