Jim Adney

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:15:58 -0500 "jakdedert"
wrote:

One of the 'improvements' of the AAA's, over the AA's, was the incorporation
of air-filled pads. They sealed up against the head quite nicely--when
new--but 'popped' like balloons at the slightest mistreatment. I did
replace the pads on my AA's...in fact they had just come back from the
factory when I unloaded them in favor of the newer model. For the (then)
$25 flat fee (including return shipping), they replaced both drivers (only
one was bad, but there had been an upgrade since mine were new), both pads,
and the cord.

I still have the Pro4As that I bought in the mid to late 60s. To me
now, they seem excessively heavy and I haven't used them in years. One
of the main reasons they never get used, however, is that the Green
Pads are now "flat." They seemed to have been filled with something at
one time but that has all either leaked out or dried up.

I've often wondered if I could just buy new pads. That would make them
useful again.

Are replacement pads for these (of equal or better quality) still
available from Koss?

What do you people think of the Pro4As?

-
Jim Adney