Art

Sounds as if the crt may be getting weak and the AKB circuit can no longer
keep up with the beam current demands. Is the symptom worse if the contrast
and brightness are at a higher than mid range setting and go away when both
settings are set quite a bit lower? If so then you either have a soft crt or
something in the bias circuitry to the crt going awry.
"davexnet02" wrote in message
Hello,
Before I get the Tech in, was wondering if anybody
has any insight as to what this problem may be..

My 1992 Sony kv27xbr35 has developed an unusual
picture problem. It's intermittent, sometimes
it's not there at all, the rest of the time it varies
in intensity, seems worse on a bright dynamic picture
where the contrast is higher.

It's basically alternating light and dark horizontal
lines, about 1/2 wide (approx) which seem to shimmer.

Here's a sample:
http://home.comcast.net/~davetest/capture.mpg (370kb)

Please note: the rainbow/diagonal effect is not a part
of the problem, but an artifact produced during the HI8 capture.

This fault appears regardless of the source,
just as likely to be dvd player, vcr or DBS.
Does it through the RF and video/s-video inputs.

Appreciate any feedback.
Dave