Mark D. Zacharias

snip

If you're a consumer or independent repairman you're probably outta
luck. The manufacture will refer you to a dealer or service center.
The dealer or service center will then decide if they want to be
bothered ordering you the parts or service literature you need.

Sony and Pioneer don't seem to have this problem, I've ordered parts from
both companies without issue.

Larger companies for the most part either sell parts direct or through
distributors whose numbers they are happy to give out. Pioneer sells direct,
Sony has distributors. Philips / Magnavox is a stinker in my opinion. The
internet is a blessing here. Distributors and contact numbers for most
companies are just a click or 2 away.

Mark Z.