Glenn Gundlach

(Alex Bird) wrote in message . com...
Orange wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:50:16 GMT,
(Jason D.) wrote:
snip
I reckon that's fine, this guy is talking about SMDs etc with much
finer tolerances. Don't make a mistake though, it's messy melting it
off again.

I regularly use it to add strength to damaged power connectors etc,
where the only support was the solder on the pcb, stupid designs...

Alex

Actually I find a hair dryer will warm it enough to soften and allow
it to be peeled off. Crappy stuff for electronics though since it
loses strength as the gear warms up. Devcon plastic welder is my
favorite for mechanical repairs to broken plastics. Much stroger than
epoxy. Pretty strong on metals, too.

gg