John Rumm

Default Freud router v's Wickes

MattP wrote:

I read here previously that Wickes' own routers are Freud repackaged and
rebranded.

Could some wise person confirm or deny this?

If it is repackaged then I'm to Wickes for a 'freud'

Their big 2Kw one certainly looks exactly like the Freud FT2000E. Same
shape, design, distinctive height adjuster & concertina style plastic
shrouds on the "legs" etc. I had a play with one in the local Wicks a
while ago - felt just like the real thing - solid plunge lock, and
absolutely no play or lateral movement of the body even with the plunge
lock off.

Only difference I could see was its grey and not black, and used to cost
more than the Freud (from Screwfix). If it can now be had for 120 then
it sounds like a bargain.

--
Cheers,

John.