Norm Dresner

"Wild Bill" wrote in message
I believe that the FET input analog meters have very high impedance, but I
don't know the specific range for any specific model.

Adding a high voltage probe to a meter's input will increase the

impedance.
For example, the Beckman 300 series DMMs have an input impedance of 22 M
ohm, and the high voltage probe increases it by x 1000.
The HV probe sheet lists the input resistance as 1000 M ohm for the 50

kVDC
HV-211 probe.

There are other multiplier probes for meters to increase the DC input

range
of meters to the 5 to 10 kV range. These would also produce a similar

input
impedance increase.

A typical combination analog meter built into the HV probe might be a less
accurate instrument.

Come to think of it, I have a high voltage probe for my VTVM that'll
increase it to IIRC 100M ohm -- that's getting much closer and probably will
be sufficient.

Norm