James Sweet

"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
I own a NEC Multisync MT1040 Projector. The lifetime of the Bulp is
aprox. 2000h But after about 1000h the lamp get very dark an there is
only little contrast left.
Is it possible just to change the bulb an not the whole frame? Where
do I get information and the bulp? Do someone know anything?

Please answer in newsgroup, cause I don't check the email.

Thanx, Reiner

Sounds like the unit was started frequently, the rated lifespan is for
relatively long run cycles, starting up is very hard on these. I've heard of
people replacing just the bulb but it takes some doing. Best to do some
research online for this one, it's not a trivial matter and the lamps can be
dangerous to handle. Optical alignment is critical and many characteristics
of the lamp will effect this.