Leonard Caillouet

"Ray" wrote in message ...
I own a NEC Multisync MT1040 Projector. The lifetime of the Bulp is
aprox. 2000h But after about 1000h the lamp get very dark an there is
only little contrast left.
Is it possible just to change the bulb an not the whole frame? Where
do I get information and the bulp? Do someone know anything?

Reiner,
Lamp life depends on many things including how well the lamp was made

in
the first place. Don't forget to clean the filter often. If clogged, it

makes
the lamp run hotter than normal, and that can shorten its life. A few

other
things to keep in mind: 1. any time you turn the projector on, let it run

at
least five minutes before you shut it down. 2. Don't unplug the projector
for several minutes (until the fans stop) after turning it off. 3. As with
any high temp lamp, never touch the glass with your fingers (skin oil will
cause damage).
If there is a "generic" number on the glass, you may be able to find

replacement by doing a search on that number... but you will likely not

save
much money that way assuming you can find just the bulb. Try

www.bulbman.com
for a replacement. I have a service manual in .pdf format if you need it.
It's a big 'un... about 12 Megs.

You'd save over $100 just buying it directly from NEC rather than bulbman.
There are a few other distributors that have it a little cheaper, but even
if you can find the lamp without the frame, the vendors that might have it
will likely be more $. I have not found these lamps less than about 10%
below NEC's pricing.

A good resource for crossing lamps, BTW, is www.donsbulbs.com

You can also find a list of vendors at www.projectorcentral.com

Leonard