Michael Black

"Asimov" ) writes:

How about running a wire across connecting both ends together, then it
would behave more like a large closed loop (triangle?) and having
perhaps a better match it might even show some gain... not sure.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Bald spot? It's a solar panel for a sex machine.

When I went off cable back in 1997, given that most of the channels
I wanted were UHF, I just stuck a UHF loop on the set. Actually, I've
got some length of cable between it and the set, so I can move it around,
and hang it high. It works fine for the local VHF channels (the ones
over the line in Vermont and New York being adjacent to local channels
would at the very least need something better than rabbit ears), though
it does indeed need to be placed right to avoid ghostings. On UHF, it
does well enough, and most of those channels are of course down in New York
and Vermont. It's not perfect, but better than nothing. The loop might
not be the solution in other locales, where there are non-local VHF channels.

Michael