James Sweet

wrote in message
I'm burning up my Mitre Saw motor. How do I repair? It's a Ridgid
12", model MS12500.

Details: Was cutting three 2x pressure-treated boards at the same
time. After enough binding, the motor began to smoke. Now, it smokes
after 10-15 seconds of use, with no wood being cut at all. Has not yet
frozen, but expect it to fail soon.

How do I fix?

Obviously some windings have shorted, could be on the armature, the field
coil assembly, or both, it's hard to tell. If it's an expensive saw it may
be cost effective to replace the motor, otherwise it's probably cheaper to
buy a new saw. Check with the manufacture and see what parts are available.