Wilson

I have some Woodeater bits from HD or L.
They have a powerful leadscrew and a cutting face much like an wuger bit.
I'd start with the Forstner or brad point and then use the Woodeater. They
cut well and pull themselves along. Actually, they pull so well you usually
can't back up, so go all the way in one cut and then take ite shank out of
the chuck. I used them for the holes fo relectric wire and pipes in my
house. The only trouble is that hitting a nail costs $6!

Wilson

"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...
I want to drill several 3/4" holes for bench dogs in a laminated workbench
top (prior to assembly) that will be 3 inches thick. My preferred

approach
would be my drill press with a 3/4" Forstner bit. The bits I have will
barely hand 2 1/2" depth. I need suggestions for the deeper hole. Right
now, I'm looking at buying a good old fashioned Brace and bit. I'm sure
some will suggest drilling part way, than flipping over and drilling from
the other side. I don't feel that's a very precise operation, but if you
have a technique to do it, I am all ears.

Bob