On scraps suggest try two things, (1) "healthy" amount to see what
this quantity is as I'd expect you'll get more than anticipated and
(2) try the brads into one edge then cut off leaving a sharp point for
aligning the other board. On longish assemblies alternate clamps
above and below to avoid cupping from clamp pressure. To help this
approach I made a couple of supports to set the glueup on from scrap
3/4" ply with plastic glued to top edge to avoid glue sticking to
them.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:20:40 GMT, "Corey" wrote:

Well, I think I'm ready to glue sets of 3 3.5" boards for my intro project
to make the sides, top, bottom, and shelf. I think I understand the
basics - apply a healthy amount of glue to each adjoining edge (enough glue
to where just a bit squeezes out when clamped), clamp about every foot of
so, and let dry per mfg specs (preferably overnight, if possible).

Any advice of tips on gluing the butt edges (I've decided to follow the
majority of the advice here and pass on the dowels, by the way)?

Thanks