AAvK

Yes, but you could get yourself a 12" Vernier caliper graduated in
.001" increments (1/64 is approximately .032") for about the same
price, and you don't need to worry about sawdust working it's way into
any mechanical parts. Also, I saw someone else suggest a digital
caliper, and in my experience, they are junk unless you want to pay
for a Miyoto, Brown & Sharpe or something of equal quality. If you
get one of those "import" ones, they have a tendancy to give wild
readings after a relatively short period of time. The vernier takes a
little getting used to compared to a simple dial caliper, but it's
worth the minimal effort involved to get a tool that will last
forever, rather than one that will likely fall apart after a year or
two- especially if you drop it or get it wet at all.
All differences in caliper types aside, they are truly excellent tools
for a lot of different applications, especially for measuring depths
in holes or mortices that are too small to allow you to slide a rule
into them.

Got one! Actually a really nice one made by Catic in HKC, of hardened
stanless. It is a proper design compared to the common General(T)
brand (has the oval cut-out window) and is layed out like this one, see
the graphic he http://www.rit.edu/~uphysics/Vernier...r/caliper.html
I just cannot "pick-up" on how to read it even from the lesson on this
page. It's inch increments are 1/40" at the smallest, someone told me
that is 0.025". I just don't get it with the decimals thing, but then again
I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, I'm a now a no brainer lol.

Thanks for the encouragement though, I would LOVE to find an easy
way to learn it.

Alex